Behold the Wisdom of the GPS. . .

I don't know about all of you, but I don't know what I did when I was fresh from high school driver's ed and GPS-less. You know, back in the day when phones weren't smart. In order to text your buddy "The school assembly is about to start. I'm on row 14", you had to hit 689 buttons. Am I the only one that remembers texting before predictive took over? Oh man. That's the true test of your skills-- Can you spell when predictive doesn't finish the word for you?

Okay, I digress. Back to the GPS.

How did I find my way anywhere without navigation on my phone?!? It's lucky I made it home after going to the grocery store ;) I remember being 16 and panicking that I was going to miss my desired exit on the freeway EVERY TIME I went anywhere, so I would go 55 miles per hour behind some old grandma in the 'slow' lane while my exit was still 3 miles away. . . just so I wouldn't miss it. I didn't want to start passing someone only to see my exit wiz on by.

Whew! Am I glad I outgrew that. . . :)

So the other day, the hubs, the squeaker, and I were on an adventure to find a particular car part {strange, I know}. We had to drive downtown to get it, and driving dowtown confuses me beyond all reason. When one exit has four different exits built in, I call that confusing. You should have heard our GPS:

"In a quarter mile, take exit 305 A B C D. . . Take exit 305 A B C D. . . Keep right at the fork for exit 305 C. . . . Take exit 305 C. . .  Follow signs for . . . "

Oh, man. She just wouldn't stop talking, and for those with navigation built into your phone, you know that they have yet to perfect the voice. She sounds like a robot with a head cold or something, making her not my most favorite person to listen to incessantly.

However, while she was instructing us the right way to go, I couldn't help but be thankful for her insight. "Thank you, satellites, thank you" I mumbled to myself. "Thank you for seeing the end from the beginning and directing us down the right road."

And, TA DA! Another "Behold the Wisdom" epiphany struck.

The Lord sees the end from the beginning. He knew us before we came to this world, and He knows where we need to go. He knew the lessons we needed to learn in order to return to live with Him after we pass on, and He knew exactly what experiences would develop those lessons.

Seeing how He is omnipotent and omniscient, He knows the correct 'road' that we need to be on in order to reach our end destination safely. He's like the ultimate satellite. . . but He never makes a mistake :) {has your GPS ever lead you so totally astray that you think it's all part of some conspiracy to get you murdered?}

Some roads we will be asked to take aren't going to look very promising. We may be presented with a fork where one road is smooth, level, and littered with wonderfully-fabulous fast food restaurants {oxymoron?} and the other is bumpy, uphill, and rather intimidating-looking. If our divine GPS prompted us to take the bumpy road, would we have faith to take it? Would we have the faith to believe that the destination would be worth the potentially difficult journey?


 Sometimes the most unpleasant of experiences yield the most fruit and make us all the better. We just need to make sure we're listening to the right GPS as we navigate our way through life. 


[For more "Behold the Wisdom" posts, you can go HERE or HERE. . . or HERE. Or, to make matters a little easier, you can click on the link at the top right of the page.}

Comments

Popular Posts