Hannah's Memoir: 2 Years


S'up! It's me, Hannah, tuning in to blow your minds.

It's been a crazy long stretch of time since my last memoir post HERE. So long, in fact, that you probably thought I stopped progressing and learning new things. But, no. We've just been busy getting ready for {and used to} baby brother.

Speaking of, I absolutely adore my brother! Mom and dad were a little nervous that I would be insanely jealous and turn into a gremlin when they brought Curtis home, but such was not the case. I love to watch him sleep in his bassinet and pet his head like a puppy. I've recently started to hold his tiny hand {very softly, mind you} and give him hugs while he's sitting on mom's lap. However, I'm so darn curious as to how big he's getting that I like to take away his blanket so I can see his body instead of just his head. Mom keeps telling me that he will get cold without his blanket, but I just keep doing it anyway. I'm a rebel like that.

 photo SiblingLove_zps8737da18.png
Hugging is my favorite!

Mom even let me push the stroller on our daily walk once! I didn't even hit any trees or other large objects, so I'm pretty much a pro. Seeing over the handlebars is obviously not a requirement.

 photo WalkingwithBro_zps76e88713.png

. . .

I'm addicted to fruit snacks and animal crackers. I'm pretty much a junkie. . . just like my mom. I learn from the best, after all.

This past Christmas I got to decorate my first Christmas tree. Well, sorta. It was a mini one made out of an ice cream cone and frosting. But, boy howdy, I sure had a grand 'ol time stuffing my face with that miraculous green manna.

 photo TreeDecorating_zpsf13cd27c.png


 photo Yum-cropped_zpsbbd0e8c1.png

Yum.
. . .

I love to imitate everything you say, but I usually just catch on to the last word of your sentence. I happen to prefer speaking in incomprehensible babble to keep everyone on their toes, though.

My favorite movies have branched out to include "Turbo" and {of course} "Frozen" and I make sure to watch each as many times a day as humanly possible. I also really enjoy "singing" along with songs while I amaze those present with my killer dance moves. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up on stage when I get a little older thanks to my flair for the dramatic. Remember that little ditty at the beginning of "The Lion King"? Yeah. I sing along like a true tribal native.

 I am pretty much obsessed with hats. . . my own or anyone else's.

 photo FiremanHat_zps54b77003.png


 photo 10009304_10152023464106342_734161630_n_zps347ba765.jpg

 photo DaddysHat_zpsd7b4cc9e.png

Oh, and books. I'll always be obsessed with those. Add in a hat and I'm good to go for a small eternity.

 photo HatandBook_zps47ee9e99.png

. . .

There was a time not too long ago where I was petrified of the bubble bath mom insisted on adding to my bath water. Pretty sure the bubbles were going to slowly eat me. . . or at least that's how I acted. I'm happy to say that I have since overcome my irrational fear of strawberry scented fluff and now spend most of my allotted bath time belly flopping from my knees and thereby splashing water over the side of tub. It's mom's favorite thing. . . OK, not really.

I seem to be a girl of many obsessions because another thing I can't live without is speeeeed. Give me rapid acceleration and I'm a happy camper! Whenever I can hear the RPMs rev in a car, I laugh and get all sorts of happy. . . like so:



My dad likes to claim that I'll be the girl in high school that argues with the boys regarding the feasibility of super charges and turbos. I think he's right, ya know. . . just make that preschool instead.

. . .

I'm getting fairly good at rockin' the booster seat instead of the high chair at restaurants. . . but sometimes my bum slides on down and I nearly end up under the table. However, it's all worth it when I get to sit next to my hero.

 photo DadandDaughter_zps54d964fa.png

. . .

I'm thinking of becoming a pajama model. . .

 photo ModelingJammies_zps990b1efb.png

 photo BrightLight_zps91e2ad40.png

. . . and a part-time nurse. I passed a nasty cold on to my dad but made sure I took good care of him as he rested on the couch. Without any prompting whatsoever, I brought over my blankie, pillow, doll, and sippy cup and gave him a big 'ol kiss.

 photo TakingCareofSickDaddy_zps50c98171.png

He was so spoiled!

. . .

I already have the arm of a baseball player and love to throw things, regardless of whether or not they're designed to be thrown. I'm trying to put a toy through the wall, but so far I've only managed to make a couple small dings. But that hasn't stopped me from testing out some apparel to get ready for my WMLB debut :

 photo SportStoreCollage_zps923dd19b.png

And, yes, that's a "hard core biker chick" helmet. Don't I look ferocious?

. . .

Speaking of being a hard core biker chick, I've upped my naughtiness level lately. First of all, I discovered how to color on the wall while mom's back was turned. It was great fun until I got busted and mom handed me the magic eraser. It's hard to see the crayon in the picture, but. . .

 photo CrayonCleanUp_zps4983454a.png

Secondly, I went missing one night. I'll spare ya the details, but I remember dad and his friend checking the house {mom was visiting teaching at the time} and then alerting the neighborhood to look for me. Mom came home to help and take care of baby brother and I came walking up behind her like nothing was amiss. Later that night, mom walked into the bathroom to find my super-secret hiding place :

 photo HideOutReveal_zps74f3de5f.png

I was hiding in the cupboard while the house was searched and then decided to entertain myself by reorganizing the contents when the search moved outside.

. . .

I got to dance with a ballerina one day, and it was pretty darn awesome.

 photo 1513707_742446489108454_113481028_n_zps092d72fb.jpg

. . .

Life as a 2 1/2 year old is, in and of itself, pretty darn awesome. . . I can't wait to see what else this crazy year will bring!

Comments

  1. Darling! I absolutely loved this. What a doll Hannah is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the video (what a hoot!), what a sweetie to take care of her daddy, and the ballerina picture is just so sweet. What an awesome picture to have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts