Hannah's Memoir: 2 1/2-ish years


Guys! Long time no see, eh?

In the six months since my last update {found HERE}, I have been up to my eyeballs in fun and excitement. And trouble, but hey. That's all up to interpretation, MOM.

Sheesh.
. . .

First on the list of awesome-ness?

 photo PantieAlert-JPG_zps3336fead.jpg


Yup! I've done it! I've mastered the potty! It took some doing, but once I decided that panties were cool and diapers were overrated, I was sold on the idea. You probably remember my prior potty experience that Mom posted about HERE. . . it was a no-go, folks. It was a long time before I agreed to sit on the potty again, and that was only after Mom bought me a new one.

We got home from the store with the new potty and went to put it in the bathroom. I wasted no time handing over that dang frog potty with a fervent, "No more" thrown in to eliminate any possible misunderstanding.

Once Mom told me that I got a candy every time I went pee-pee, I tinkled the smallest amount any human is capable of and thus got a jelly bean. I repeated that process at least 30 times in order to eat every single piece of candy in the jar. I may be many things, but a fool ain't one. Unfortunately, neither is my Mother, so the next day she only put 10 jelly beans in the jar.

Rude.

If you're one of my fellow toddler-friends considering the concept of ditching your diapers, do it. You get to traipse around in completely awesome panties during the day and wear super cool fluffy panties when you go to bed at night! It's pretty swell. So take a look at the horror on your mom or dad's face as they change your next poopy diaper and take the plunge. Every one will thank you. :)

. . .

I'm still working on my future as a model. What d'ya think?

 photo ThisChild_zps6d10145d.png

Let's not fool ourselves-- that's raw potential right there.

. . .

Back on Mother's Day, I felt really special when a member of another ward's bishopric gave Mom AND me and rose after choir practice. It made me super excited to be a mom one day because not only will I get a stellar gift in church on Mother's Day, but it's the best job in the whole world. I happen to know that's a fact because my Mom is my hero and I don't know what I'd do without her!

 photo MothersDay_zps08a3bd54.png

. . .

I went to a park with my friends and became a wild horse rider in the course of about 30 seconds. I tamed that bad boy, don't you worry.

 photo CowboyCollage_zps5686e0ad.png

He didn't stand a chance.

. . .

In case you're wondering if I'm still OCD and channeling my inner-creative genius, let me put your mind to rest.

 photo FutureQuilter_zpsec6d207b.png


 photo TheLine-Up_zps521eb769.png




But let the record show that sometimes that "genius" gets me into a pickle. . . like when I should be napping but I'm far too busy doing this to my room :

 photo Naptime_zps31b5eb96.png

. . .

I am 110% obsessed with "Justin Time" on Netflix. It's bad, you guys. I can sing and dance along with the theme song because I've watched the entire series 4 times.

Yup. I love it.

. . .

I think the vacuum is actually called "Watch Out!" because, well, that's what I hear when Mom gets it out. It may have something to do with the fact that I love to push my baby's stroller in the way and stand around on un-vacuumed carpet like a bump on a log.

Who knows.

. . .

I still love a good pair of shoes :

 photo SunMornStreaking-EDITED_zpsbb761171.png

 photo DadsShoes_zpsfb3491a3.png

. . . and making new friends :

 photo NeighborhoodPals_zps3f4e44dd.png

. . .

I love when Mom gets out the sidewalk chalk and bubbles in the front yard. . . and I've even been known to enjoy a run through the sprinklers from time to time. If I could walk around the block all day long, I totally would. Actually, I think I would prefer swinging at the park all day long instead, but it's close. Maybe I could just do both. :)

I think it's safe to assume I loooove summer and all that goes with it, like GRASS :

 photo GrassLovin_zps0790f603.png

 and ICE CREAM :

 photo IceCreamBuds_zps257db25a.png
{My buddy and me}

 photo IceCreamMess_zpscf97fefd.png

I just don't love a summer breeze combined with wet clothes. . .

 photo Whoops_zps37623a5d.png

. . .

Well, I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting to tell you. There's always more. But, alas, duty calls. I must go turn off Curtis' swing, steal his blanket, kiss his head, and then go climb in his crib like a monkey. Or maybe I'll go dump my blocks all over the living room floor and then leave them there. Or perhaps I'll go for a walk around the neighborhood and yell "Hiiiiii! Hello!" to everyone I see until they either say "Hi" back or run away.

Who knows? The day is young.

Comments

  1. This will be the 3rd time I've tried posting comments. grrrh. Hannah Mae is such a sweet little girl and she does the same things as her mother did when she was little, it really does go full circle! I wish I could have "immortalized" all the things you did as a child, it would have been so much fun. It's great that you can do this for Hannah and Curtis and it's so much better than just pictures. You are so talented! I love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts