Pre-School Adventures


So, I know it's peculiar to have a "First Day" of school in February. . . but that's just how we roll. We're cool like that, I guess.

If you missed the last post {click HERE}, let me just give you a quick update. Hannah has qualified for special education classes in communication and behavior. We decided the best setting for her right now is to be in a normal classroom, but with the extra help from her special teachers.

Yesterday was her first day, and let me tell ya. I felt old walking my kid through the halls with a "visitor" sticker on my shirt. It was fun watching her take off her coat and hang it next to her classmates', wash her hands; and sit down at the table to do puzzles; just like a big girl.

She didn't even notice I was there in the corner filling out paperwork. And she certainly didn't notice when I left.

Hannah has such a brave, outgoing personality that school is such an awesome environment for her. This kid looooves to make friends, but she tends to freak 'em out a little because she 1) thinks receiving suffocating bear hugs is every little kid's dream, and 2) can't really communicate very much. . . so they have no idea what she wants to do, and she has no idea what they want to do.

But I can already tell she's really going to blossom and get better and better at putting words to her wants/needs.

. . .

Having a child that qualifies for special help isn't something I ever thought would happen to me, but I'm not about to complain. I'm feeling very thankful that help is available! I'm excited to see the change that this extra assistance makes in Hannah's ability to focus, learn, and communicate.

It's gonna be pretty darn epic.

. . .

Without further ado, some pictures!

Because, yeah. You can't have a "First Day" of class without traditional pictures. . . even if it IS for "Young-3- Pre-School" in February.


 photo FirstDayFeb102015_zps4bc1985c.jpg



 photo FirstDay_zps8beae0f1.jpg



 photo FirstDayofPreSchool_zps0ff3e29f.jpg


. . . .

And blooper time!

. . . This kid. She cracks me up. I said, "Hey, Hannah. Come stand right here and let's get another picture."

Well, she decided to go all "model" on me and I ended up with this.


 photo ModelShot_zps90001ea0.jpg


I don't even know.

:)


Comments

  1. I'm so glad you got her evaluated and now she's getting the help she needs. Bless her!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts