5 Years


For starters. . .

HELLO!

Holy flying guacamole. You probably thought I died. But, hark! That's not the case. It's time to blow the dust off of the 'ol blog and hopefully breathe some new life into it again. I can't promise anything, though, because you know how it goes. Life gets busy.

Much has transpired since I last wrote, but those updates are just gonna have to wait because today is a special day.

Ya see, today, I've been married for 5 whole years.

That's 60 months, guys.

1826.21 days.

1.578e+14 microseconds.

And, like, 36 years in Zoe time.

. . .

I know it's not 50 years, but it's still quite a few roads walked together.

 photo IMG_4157_eproofs_zpskdx9ilbl.jpg
{Engagement Photos - 2010}

And there hasn't been a day on that walk where I haven't thanked my Heavenly Father for introducing Chuck into my life.

Not one single day.

, , ,

Back when I was single, I remember wondering how in the world I'd ever meet anyone I wanted to marry. It seemed like there were countless barriers and unless the perfect guy happened to come through my checkout line at Albertson's and decided he needed my phone number in addition to his soap and crackers, I was never going to meet him.

I can only imagine that Heavenly Father kept shaking his head {and perhaps face palming. . .  if He does such a thing} at my lack of faith. He created worlds without number and every single thing in every single world, and I didn't think he made provisions for meeting my eternal companion?

Uh, yeah.

You can read the posts I made about meeting my husband HERE {if you'd like all the details}, but let's just say that Heavenly Father wanted to make very certain that I met Chuck. He also wanted to make very certain that I realized His hand in it, which I did. There's no way I would have stumbled across him without a number of things lining up perfectly at exactly the right time. Many, many people were involved in making that courtship and engagement a success.

And I'd like to take a moment to thank them. Thank you, dear people, for helping me find {and keep!} the man that I consider my most very best-est friend. Thank you, dear people, for helping him realize that he could "put a ring on it". :)

It's hard to imagine my life without my better half making me laugh every single day, watching baffling TV series with me, and supporting me in all of my endeavors. He never complains about, uh, anything and he's always quick to help me when I can't figure something out.

Oh, wait.

Just kidding.

He doesn't like shopping for pants and he's not shy telling you that. So, I guess you could count that as complaining. But only if you really want to.

. . .

In honor of our anniversary, I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite memories{in no particular order}.

1) I wrote a post a small eternity ago about signing up for a blood drive {HERE}. It was my last blood drive to date because I passed out AGAIN. I vividly recall feeling like I was going to toss my cookies after waking up and wanting nothing more than to 1) kill over and 2) go home. Chuck, who wasn't a fan of blood drives to start with, got worried when I was gone for so long. He came looking for me like a knight in shining armor and I can still remember the feeling of complete and total relief looking up from my upside-down-lawn-chair-of-death and seeing him peeking his head in the gym and scanning faces for mine. The unabashed concern I witnessed as he held my hand until I was steady enough to stand made me absolutely certain I had found me a keeper.

2) When the weird tornado wind/dust/snow storm hit just a week or so ago, a section of our neighbor's vinyl fence blew down. Our yards connect, so I helped our sweet neighbor and her grandson {?} carry the pieces in the shed until the storm calmed down. I explained the situation to Chuck after he got home, but by then, there was, like, 12 inches of snow everywhere. Once the snow melted, he was a sneaky little man and put up the fence for them. Our neighbor rounded up some young whippersnappers to help him only to walk out and see that the work was already complete.

3) After we got back from our honeymoon to Moab, we set to work opening wedding presents from all of our fabulously generous family and friends. Somehow or another, we ended up getting into a huge wrapping paper fight and had every single scrap of paper stuffed up our shirts.

 photo Edited 2_zpsxzb9zqck.png

. . .

Husband? I love you. Really and truly. Being married to you is always fun and never burdensome. You refuse to judge {me and others} and you encourage me to be the best I can be with your constant support. I can't wait to see how many other inside jokes we manage to cook up in the next 5 years!


 photo IMG_0189_proofs_zpsjlnrtapj.jpg

Comments

  1. Oh how I love you both! I just finished re-reading your "How I Met My Husband" blogs and they bring back such good memories of all the things we've done together and all the experiences that make us what we are. When I was reading Chuck's internet introduction I could just see you as the perfect girl for him. It was like he was writing directly to you. You have made such a wonderful life together with two of the sweetest kids I've ever seen and I thank Heavenly Father for bringing you both together. I don't know how I've been so blessed to have the daughters and son-in-laws that I have but I am sure grateful for them. I know your celebrating today by going to the zoo with your little kids and I hope you have a wonderful day. I look forward to seeing another blog with the pictures and stories that go with it. Again, I love you both with all my heart! Ma (or Mom, Grandma Kat, MoMo) :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts